presentation skills training
This is an intensive, long-term program designed for the serious business professional committed to improving his or her speaking skills, public perception, and overall quality of presentations and speeches. It is an ideal program for business Executives, customer-facing individuals or teams, or any person already in or entering a high visibilty occupation.
The program has four cyclical phases:
- Analysis – identify & prioritize speaker’s assets and areas needing improvement. Input is collected from the speaker, the speaker’s colleagues and boss(es) , and the consultant. Consultant will create a baseline evaluation to be used in tracking the speaker’s progress.
- Development Planning – once assets and areas needing improvement have been identified, speaker and consultant will create a development plan that will include working sessions with the consultant, individual exercises and presentations in front of a group.
- Plan Execution – speaker and consultant will execute the plan, taking appropriate measures in the process to track progress.
- Progress Tracking – as measures are taken throughout the program, the consultant will evaluate those measures against the baseline and provide appropriate feedback and plan modification accordingly.
Consulting is available for Executives, Managers, business teams and other business professionals who want help with a specific issue or preparing for an upcoming event. Some of the most common engagements Soverex clients request include:
- individual preparation for a specific speech, panel, or presentation
- team preparation for a trade show or conference at which they host or provide key presenters
- improvement of overall speaking and presentation skills
- evaluation of a presentation with the aid of video feedback
- improvement of written and interpersonal business communications
Speaking Fundamentals for the Captivating Speaker
This is an advanced speaking class for business professionals who speak publicly on a regular basis and are already comfortable in front of an audience. This is a popular class for private corporate or association groups in sales or related functions. This class is customized for the needs of the group.
“I’ve had responses from almost all of the public speaking class participants, & they are unanimous in expressing their appreciation & their certainty that their public speaking skills have been strengthened & enhanced by the class. Thanks so much for customizing the class to fit our environment, and for providing such a useful, informative and inspiring series of classes!”
Mary Beth Bigger
Executive Associate Director
Harry Ransom Center
The University of Texas at Austin
This is offered as both a 5-session class and 1-2 day seminar, exclusively for people who get nervous speaking in front of an audience. By limiting the class in this way, a safe and supportive environment can be created where participants feel comfortable working through the lessons. Participants are taught practical methods that make working through public speaking anxiety much easier and faster, and surprisingly a lot of fun! In addition, these same methods significantly improve participants’ speaking skills.
The 5-session class is offered three (3) times a year through the Texas Union Informal Classes. Search for Speaking Without Fear under the Category Career and Educational Development. This is an affordable option for those individuals paying out of pocket who are willing to invest 5 weeks in the class.
For individuals looking for a more convenient time-investment, full-day and 2 half-day seminars are available through this site: Read more.
FEARLESS Speaking II
This class was created by popular demand from FEARLESS students who wanted to continue their development. It is a 4-session class exclusively for graduates of the FEARLESS class. Building on the basics of overcoming fear learned in the first class, this class will help students hone their skills and learn more advanced speaking techniques. This class will be offered directly to all students who have already attended the FEARLESS class or seminar.
“I never dreamed I could have so much fun speaking!”
“Hi Tonja, I was in your Speaking Without Fear class a few weeks ago. I’m writing to tell you that I gave my presentation and it was a big success!!! I changed it all around, based on your suggestions & the feedback from class, and it went very smoothly. I actually got applause at one point and several compliments afterward. I have never, repeat NEVER, received compliments for my speaking. This was a wonderful experience! I want to thank you for everything you do.”
“I was in one of your speaking classes two years ago. It did wonders for me.“
I just wanted to tell you that my presentation went really well. Once I had the microphone I was able to speak loud and clear. My voice wasn’t shaking and I got more and more comfortable being in front of the whole group as I went on. My opening line (the one you gave me) was really funny. It made EVERYONE laugh and that felt really good. People told me afterwards that I did great, too. All those words of encouragement felt really good.”
I just wanted to let you know that I had parents’ night at work tonight. I did great! I wasn’t that nervous. I took my time and took breaths like you taught us. I had some humor and asked them to raise their hands for something. My last presentation ended exactly on time and they clapped for me! I think the most helpful thing was realizing that I am the expert. I know more than they do about my subject. They are there to hear me. I will highly recommend your class to others.”
developing custom solutions
Most of Soverex classes and training programs were originally created and customized for a particular client. If you do not find the specific program you are interested in, please contact Tonja O’Neill, Soverex Founder and CEO, directly to discuss a program designed specifically for your needs. Contact Info.